Interior Ideas Room by Room
Colorful Kids Study Spaces
With a bit of imagination, it is possible to create a study space where your child will look forward to spending time. First, maximize function and storage. Next, plan for an original and innovative workspace! Allow color to set the tone of the workspace.
- Warm color schemes are an appealing option for a child’s study space. Warm color schemes are filled with cozy hues such as oranges, reds and yellows, which help create a cheerful atmosphere.
- Painting walls a few tones deeper than the color of carpet, for instance, will make the study space appear more inviting.
- Warm colors are particularly practical for north-facing exposures that receive limited light, or spaces that contain few windows.
- Moderate warm color schemes with the addition of a neutral accent color, such as ivory, sand or sage.
- Personalize furnishings and decorative accessories with the desired color scheme. Painted desks, hutches and chairs can serve as bold focal points within the study space
- Painted shelving and desk accessories, such as file cabinets, pencil holders, framed photographs and trash cans act as handsome enhancements that help to unify the space with the desired color scheme.
2010 Color Trends